[NLNOG] [SUSPICIOUS] KPN doesn't seem to pick up new routes from AS31383

Verschuren, Antoin averschuren at libertyglobal.com
Thu Jan 25 09:46:32 CET 2024

Hi Bart,

I don't see any export statements in your AS31383 aut-num object, so when upstreams filter using IRR data, how are they to know that you announce AS31383 to your upstreams?

aut-num:        AS31383
as-name:        NEDERLANDNET-AS
member-of:      AS-COMPUTEL
org:            ORG-CSB1-RIPE
remarks:        www.computel.nl
admin-c:        CH784-RIPE
tech-c:         CH784-RIPE
status:         ASSIGNED
mnt-by:         COMPUTEL-MNT
mnt-by:         RIPE-NCC-END-MNT
remarks:        E-mail is the preferred contact method
remarks:        Please use one of the following addresses
remarks:        abuse at computel.nl - for abuse notificion
remarks:        noc at computel.nl - for operational questions
remarks:        peering at computel.nl - for peering questions
created:        2004-04-29T11:01:05Z
last-modified:  2024-01-19T12:47:55Z
source:         RIPE # Filtered

You should add import/export statements to your 5 upstream ASNs:

import:         from ASXXX accept XXX
export:         to ASXXX announce AS31383

If you want to announce more than your own ASN, create an AS-SET to announce.

Kind regards,

Antoin Verschuren
Senior Manager Network Security

M  + 31 6 15682664