[NLNOG] Internet operations during pandemics

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Wed Mar 18 19:12:56 CET 2020

Dear all,

I threw together a slidedeck today on the potential impact and second
order effects of COVID-19 on Internet network operations.

    http://instituut.net/~job/netops_during_pandemics.pdf

I hope we together over time can add and extend projections in the deck
on what will happen and how we can mitigate the negative effects on
Internet operations.

We have to answer questions such as:

    1) what problems already exist today because of a few weeks of C19?
    2) What problems are still coming? Will those be localized or globally?
    3) What possible workarounds can we plan for those problems?

I would appreciate feedback, comments, corrections or whatever you want
to tell me. None of us have been in this situation before, so my guess
is as good as yours.

Kind regards,

Job