[NLNOG] Don't terminate anyone's internet connections

Marco Hogewoning marcoh at marcoh.net
Mon Mar 16 12:21:05 CET 2020

> On 16 Mar 2020, at 12:01, Job Snijders <job at instituut.net> wrote:
>
> A plea - do NOT terminate anyone's internet or hosting service for silly
> pre-corona reasons such as 'we want money'. Right now we are facing a
> pandemic of proportions nobody alive has ever seen. Act responsibily and
> accordingly: do not shut anything down. Please! :-)

Hear hear,

Can I maybe add "postpone all non-critical maintenance"? If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

So unless you are adding capacity to support those working from home, you probably do everybody a big favour if you don't touch anything unless there is an outage or something you know for sure will cause an outage soon.

Stability is key here,

MarcoH
(Mandatory disclaimer: personal opinion, but I'm sure my employer would agree)