[NLNOG] The NL portion of RPKI unreachable IP space

Alex Band alex at opennetlabs.com
Wed Sep 26 15:11:23 CEST 2018

>>> I can confirm my invalids are for testing purposes :-)
>> thanks for confirming, I'll exclude AS15562 from future reports.
>
> Isn't is a better approach to only exclude the current false positive prefixes? If Job starts announcing a new prefix and he makes a mistake in his ROAs (yes, even Job can make mistakes... ;) ) I'm sure he want to know about it. I have no idea how much effort this is in your code, but it sounds to me like a better approach :).
>
> Thanks for the report though, I think this is a useful tool.

Not that I don’t appreciate the work that nusenu did here, on the contrary. I just want to make everyone aware that there is a notification feature in the RPKI Dashboard of the LIR Portal (look in the top right corner, next to certified resources).

As soon as something turns either UNKNOWN or INVALID (you can choose) you’ll get a daily alert email. The dashboard will also allow you to mute purposely invalid announcements, like the one that Job has.

I suggest everyone subscribes their noc to this service.

Cheers,

Alex