[NLNOG] NLNOG Looking glass: ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED

Teun Vink teun at teun.tv
Wed Oct 12 23:15:26 CEST 2022

Hi all,

Since not all NLNOG Looking Glass peers are subscribed to the ring-users
mailinglist, I’m copying this mail here. If you never heard of the
NLNOG Looking glass, this is the moment to check it out at
https://lg.ring.nlnog.net!

A few weeks ago we moved the NLNOG Looking Glass
(https://lg.ring.nlnog.net) to a new server, with new IP addresses.
Although the old addresses work for now, there will come a time
(possibly soon) that it will become unavailable, and we’d lose all
sessions that haven’t been moved to the new address.

A list of all peers which are still using the old addresses can be found
here: https://paste.ring.nlnog.net/p/SPvXg3XZC3VBEB9qEuggDVoz. Please
change the addresses if you manage a device on the list. The correct
addresses are:

     IPv4: 212.114.120.72
     IPv6: 2001:7b8:62b:1:0:d4ff:fe72:7848
     AS: 199036 (unchanged)

Feel free to contact the RING Admins (ring-admins at nlnog.net, or give
shout in #ring on IRCNet) if you have problems renumbering your router.

In addition, there’s also a fair number of peers which are down on
both the old and new IP addresses:
https://paste.ring.nlnog.net/p/eZ52AjcTVH9FhNC5JAus8Qdy. If you manage a
device on the list, please fix it or let us know if the session should
be removed on our side.

If you’re not peering with the NLNOG Looking Glass and are willing to
provide us routes, please set up sessions and let us know yours, or send
us a pull request for
https://github.com/NLNOG/ring-ansible/blob/master/roles/openbgpd/vars/peers.yml.

And last but not least: we’re still looking for BGP community
descriptions for many ASNs. You can read more on how to create a file
for community descriptions on
https://github.com/NLNOG/lg.ring.nlnog.net (and create a pull request
there), or send us the community documentation for an ASN.

Thanks a lot!
Teun