[NLNOG] FW: Forwarding issues related to MACs starting with a 4 or a 6 (Was: [c-nsp] Wierd MPLS/VPLS issue)

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Fri Dec 2 22:31:07 CET 2016

Hoera, het bleek toch geen ASIC probleem te zijn, initiele diagnose was
verkeerd. Dat scheelt toch maar weer :-)

----- Forwarded message from "Sukumar Subburayan (sukumars)" <sukumars at cisco.com> -----

Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 21:23:24 +0000
From: "Sukumar Subburayan (sukumars)" <sukumars at cisco.com>
To: Job Snijders <job at instituut.net>, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org>, Nick Hilliard
	<nick at foobar.org>, "nanog at nanog.org" <nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: Re: Forwarding issues related to MACs starting with a 4 or a 6 (Was: [c-nsp] Wierd
	MPLS/VPLS issue)

All,

I just want to come back on behalf of Cisco on this. We just
investigated this issue and the issue is not an ASIC bug, but a flag set
wrong by SW.  We will reach out to the original customer through TAC who
posted this in NSP to resolve this issue.

sukumar